I am very proud to announce that I have been asked to Co-Chair the first ever Bike Up Northumberland charity ride in support of both the Northumberland Hills and Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundations.
This exciting new event will take place on Saturday, September 12 and will consist of distances for all cycling enthusiasts ranging from 5k, 10k, 25k, 50k and 100k rides along our Waterfront Trail.
All rides will start and finish at Donegan Park in Cobourg where pre and post ride festivities will be held. For specific details please click on the two attachments above.
If we can get a strong showing and financial support from our club members, their families or friends we will be setting a firm foundation for an event that can hopefully be held each year. Also participating in a fundraiser that compliments a sport we all love while at the same time assisting our Counties two local Hospitals is such a win-win.
Here are my top 5 reasons CCC members need to ride and or support this cause.
1. Every penny raised by Bike Up Northumberland goes to purchase priority medical equipment only.
2. As active cyclists who have the odd fall scrap now and then having local emergency services is not only comforting to know but crucial.
3. By participating and supporting a cycling event we are clearly demonstrating the importance of an active lifestyle and it’s obvious health benefits.
4. If we can reach our modest goals this year and grow the event in the future we will gain much needed visibility with all levels of local government as to the growing importance of cycling in Northumberland.
5. Finally we have a LOCAL CHARITY that allows you to cycle at home Vs having to go outside of our County.
Will you please join me on September 12 as I participate in this exciting new local ride to support our hospitals. Together, we can help create an event that will grow each year while at the same time bringing much needed positive attention to cycling in our beautiful county.
905 373 3627