The Tom Jehlicka Criterium in its current form has been held since 2007. However, a race on its circuit has been held on and off for about 20 years. The race has been called Easter Loops and it has been a stage in the Cobourg Cycling Club’s famous stage race called the Northumberland Challenge.
In its current incarnation, the TJ Crit is an open event and classified as a citizen’s race through the Ontario Cycling Association (OCA). This type of class of race allows first time racers to take part in an event to their skills and abilities. Tom’s greatest attribute as an athlete was his ability to share his knowledge and experience with others. This made him a marvelous teacher. In his memory, the CCC is offering this crit for racers to learn and begin gathering their own experiences.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THE TOM JEHLICKA MEMORIAL CRITERIUM
Saturday, August 3rd, 2013: Racing begins, 9:00am sharp!
30 min + 3 laps
45 min + 3 laps
45 min + 3 laps
60 min + 5 laps
Entrance Fees (Cash only)
|Beginner = $25.00 pre-reg $35 day of
Sport = $30.00 pre-reg $40 day of
Women = $30.00 pre-reg $40 day of
Open= $35.00 pre-reg $45 day of
This is an Ontario Cycling Association (OCA) sanctioned Citizen’s event. For information on license/insurance requirements, please contact us at email@example.com
- Prizes are based on 100 rider participation
Tom Jehlicka Memorial Criterium Race Details
- It is the responsibility of ALL riders to review, understand and follow the race rules.
- All current OCA/UCI rules are in effect.
- Helmets are mandatory. Failure to wear a helmet will result in immediate discipline at the discretion of the race officials.
- All participants must sign an OCA waiver and register.
- Out province and US riders must contact race officials for category entry details.
- Promoter reserves the right to adjust purse, combine events, start times and adjust race distances.
- All riders must be aware of start times and course route.
- Registration opens at 8:00 AM and closes 15 minutes before scheduled start time of each event.
- Late penalty may apply. CASH ONLY on race day.
- Number placement will be on the right side and right pocket.
- Do not fold numbers.
- Illegible numbers will mean no placement.
- 15 minutes following race is the typical protest period.
- All podiums will be done as soon as possible after each event. Winners must be available to collect prizes.
- Team/Club kit must be worn (no jeans).
- Payouts are available after final results have been posted. Race number/licence required to collect prize.
- Public Urination is not acceptable behaviour; penalties/suspensions will be assessed.
- Littering, both on/off the bike, will not be tolerated.
- Respect other racers and race officials – warm up only where it is safe to do so.
- Respect the community and its citizens.
- In the event of any emergency, the race will be halted until the concern has been cleared.
- Proper racing kit must be used, no sleeveless jerseys permitted.
- Race kit must be for the team or club affiliated.
The course is about 1.4 km in length, flat, with non-technical, wide turns and smooth pavement. The race is a perfect for beginners and a great training course for developing riders. The purpose of the event is to offer young riders the opportunity to the develop their skills for road and criterium racing. All racers welcome and the categories will be mixed male and female as required.
Start/finish and registration will be at the south end of Diamond Head Industrial Mall on Dodge Street Cobourg.